Friday, October 8, 2010

It's That Time of the Year - Boutique Time!


Fall has always been a big time of the year for craft shows and boutiques. One of my favorites is the Chickadee Boutique located in a northern suburb of St. Paul. It is unique in that it is in a little cottage behind the owner's home. She decks out this little cottage in all kinds of handmade crafts, nothing made in China here. It is heated by a wood burning stove and she always has fragrant candle burning along with samples of food items for you to taste. What better atmosphere to shop?


It used to just be the cottage but it grew beyond that.

There was so much to see and I was lucky to get there when it wasn't crowded.


I love the way she displays things.


Just picture perfect.

The one thing that I wasn't and still am not good at is setting up a booth. I just don't have the talent to display things and I'm in awe of those who do.


I thought this sweater was beautiful.


Of course, I couldn't get out of there without filling up my basket. I bought these as gifts. I thought they were priced really reasonably at $18.95 a piece. They were so cute! She had so many different kinds to choose from.


My daughter has a thing for boxes and I bought this one for her for Halloween.


It was hand painted and only $7.99.


I even picked up some polymer clay. I love to collect it for other artists. These two were only $2.99.


She has a lot of food items for sale. I love having a little help with my cooking.


This is Rocketman's favorite soup so I thought I would try these out.


They also have the best homemade caramels. My daughter and son also love them so I always get a bag for each. I try not to sneak too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...