Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Sixth Times The Charm


Yesterday Rocketman had his sixth eye surgery, the third in his left eye if anyone is keeping track. The surgery was scheduled for 4 in the afternoon and he was not allowed to eat after midnight even though his surgery was late in the day. That was the hardest part for him.

This is the beeper they give you and when it goes off you know he is done. Since it was so late in the day, the place was pretty much deserted. I brought maedeup to work on and some of the staff had questions about what I was doing.


This is the back of the beeper. I had never read it before. I wish I could put a sign on Rocketman that said that.


The surgery lasted only 24 minutes and he was in recovery for about 15 minutes. Everything looked really good so we left. Unfortunately we were in Minneapolis and it was rush hour but we got through it pretty quickly.

Today is his post op and we don't anticipate much from it. It will take time for his eye to heal. I want to thank everyone for their prayers and well wishes. It means the world to us!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, Becky, I cannot believe he's been through this six times (you too). I do hope this is it for him but worth it in the long run. LOL @ the beeper message. Tell him I am wishing him a speedy recovery and no more procedures. Keep those drops flowing! hugs xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whooo Hooo! I hope he mends quickly! Much love to you both!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...