Sunday, December 22, 2013

Cookie Extravaganza!

I spent the last week cooking and baking bars and cookies for family and friends. It's something I started a few years ago and it was so well received I have continued it. I'm always on the hunt for cookie platters and found a bunch at my local dollar store. I made a large variety of things over the week and luckily, living in Minnesota, I just put everything in plastic containers and then into the garage to keep things cool.

Cookie tray assembly day turned out to be Wednesday because Rocketman was taking a tray for his work potluck. It went over big and he received a lot of compliments. The hardest part of the whole thing is getting everything to fit on each tray. I go around my kitchen table hundreds of times with each cookie/bar until all the containers are empty and the trays are filled.
Here is a photo of how they ended up this year. I then wrap them in plastic wrap and place them into a plastic Target bag with a post-it note of who it is for.  This year I did ten trays. It seems to grown a little each year.
I was also glad to see that our neighbor put out their baby Jesus. He had been missing since they put up the display around Thanksgiving. You see a lot of missing baby Jesuses around here because it was a popular thing to steal a few years ago. How is that for holiday "be of good cheer"?
I was out of kimchi (oh no!!) and was pretty worn out from all the cooking that I convinced Rocketman to take me to Kim's to get some kimchi and then Mirror of Korea for dinner. It really hit the spot and the food was delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...