Monday, August 22, 2016

Maedeup Monday!

The old say "two heads are better than one" is definitely the way our house runs. I was cleaning and organizing my craft room when I found a box of forgotten chilbo (Korean pendants) made by my chilbo teacher Kim Nan-Young and myself. I had thought over the years to add maedeup to them and wear them as necklaces and I did manage to do that to many. But how many necklaces can a girl wear?

So my next thought was to display them so I could enjoy them whenever I wanted to. Thoughts then went to how to display them and I came up with using maedeup as the way to display the pendants. The only thing I forgot was that the chilbo pieces are not light and they ended up stretching the maedeup.

Step in Rocketman who came up with the wooden dowel idea. The maedeup is tied onto the wooden dowel and he added hooks for the dowels to rest on. He also was the one who decided how to place the dowels on the wall. He did a great job and I love it!
                                                       Here are closeups of all the pendants.










I am feverishly working on my latest children's book while the next is brewing in my head. I start by writing down a synopsis of the story. Then comes the words to each page. I follow with a quick sketch of each page. When that is finished I start to draw the actual pages. But during each step the story may go in a different direction or I feel I need to add a page or remove one. After everything is drawn, I paint. Rocketman adds the text after he scans the pages. It sounds like a lot of work and it is but I'm loving it. It feels so good to have my creativity back.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous! I am so jealous of your beautiful collection and what a fantastic way to display them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...