Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Tale of Three Cats


There's been a lot of hissing going on around my house lately. My daughter and son-in-law recently put their house on the market and asked if we would watch their kitties until their house sold. It's hard to say no to your kids when they are grown (it was much easier when they were young) so of course I said sure.

My only concern was that we already have a cat, Louie, who has his own set of weirdness. He has always been terrified of everything so most of the day is spent under our bed. He could be the poster cat for the term "scaredy cat". How would he react to two additional cats? Would he ever come out from under the bed? Would the two other cats pick on him?

I glad and proud to report that Louie has found his backbone. He's not letting the two new kitties push him around and he is letting them know regularly who the Alpha male is. The picture above is of Louie (on the left) and Finnigan.


I'm one proud mama to find my Louie hissing and standing his ground with the hair on his back standing tall. I've even found him to be the aggressive one. The only problem I've encountered is that I've been awoken a few times to cat fights going on under my bed. It's hard to get back to sleep after being awaken by two angry kitties.


I worried that Louie would be at a disadvantage since he is declawed and the other two are not and he only has three legs (I'll tell that story in the future). I was wrong to worry. He has risen to the occasion and isn't taking any guff from the two visitors.


The other kittie is a female, Meesery (or something like that) and she stays out of it most of the time. She prefers to spend her time eating me out of house and home. I am going through a bag of cat food a week with her around. She eats constantly while the other two barely eat at all. Louie will occasionally get in her face with a few hisses from time to time just to let her know too who the boss is.
The following picture is not for the squeamish so you have been warned.

This morning I woke up to the strangest sound. I thought it was the wind although it didn't sound like anything I had ever heard before. I fell back to sleep for awhile but finally decided it was time to get up. I went into my bathroom to find this! Ewwww. Louie has never done anything like this so I knew it was probably Finnigan.
The new kitties also like to walk all over my craft table. Now I admit that my table is not organized and is covered with stuff. I do try to keep it clean but when I'm in my crafting zone, the table always looks like a tornado came through. I find containers of supplies have been knocked over even making it to the floor. I could get mad but it has been a good excuse for me to take the time to clean it up.
We are supposed to get 2-4 inches of snow overnight and for once I hope the weatherman is wrong. We rarely got snow in Korea and when we did it was usually just a dusting. I never drove while we lived in Korea so I know that my winter driving skills are rusty. I'm just going to hang around home tomorrow and referee the cats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...