Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Well That Was A Bit of a Break


First the good stuff. Rocketman had a very happy Christmas. He loved his ITouch.


We got to spend time with our favorite grandson (our only one right now), Noah!


And the Constant Crafter actually took time to cook. I made a cookies and bars for everyone. Unfortunately that was as fun as it got. Rocketman came down with a nasty intestinal bug on December 22nd. It was the sickest I have seen him in decades. Then the big snowstorm hit and our three year old Craftsman snowblower died. It was the same cable that had broken two times previously.

It gets even better. On Christmas Eve, I got the intestinal bug. You really just wanted to die you felt so bad. I am still recovering with now just a queasy stomach and exhaustion. Christmas day the whole family was supposed to get together but because of the snowstorm, my sister and her family were stuck in Illinois and my daughter was stuck in Minneapolis. I did make it through Christmas but felt like I had been hit by a truck.

The day after Christmas my daughter and her family came over for Christmas. We decided to go out to lunch and I was just going to try a small salad. My first bite was into a crouton and "pop," off came a crown. Luckily I didn't swallow it.

Monday I was able to get into my dentist right away and he was able to glue it back in place and is hopeful that I don't need to replace it.

Rocketman says in years to come we will laugh about this Christmas. I'm not so sure about that at this point. I'm going to send a letter to Sears giving them my opinion on a $900 snowblower that is three years old and has only been used 15 times. Maybe it's too much to expect that you won't have to replace a cable yearly.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, and I thought we had an "off" Christmas. We were stuck on a closed, icy Interstate on Christmas Eve ~ IN TEXAS! :o) Took us 7 hours to make a 3 hour trip! I wasn't driving because I have Vertigo! Sounds like you are as ready for 2010 as I am .. lol

    Thanks for sharing your holiday and I'm glad you didn't swallow your cap. I was popping in to see if there was an update on Rocketman! So glad both of you are over that crud!

    Happy New Year, Becky ~ hugs xo

    btw, Noah is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...