Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Hanji Bracelet

My next hanji project was covering a wooden bracelet.  The first thing I had to decide is what pattern I wanted to use on the bracelet.  I'm slowly scanning my hanji patterns and then I just have to print off the pattern when I need it.  I thought this one would be great.  It's a simple pattern and wouldn't take me too long to do.
I cut out the pattern using gold hanji paper.
This is what it looked like all cut out.
 This is the bracelet I used.  I had bought a bunch of these and never used them.  A common problem you will find in my craftroom.
                                          Here is the bracelet covered with hanji paper.
 Here is the finished bracelet.  I'm really happy with how it turned out.
We also bought a new patio set for our deck.  This was the first time we didn't go with a reallly cheap set.  I was so tired of the tables breaking and the sets only lasting a few years.  This one we bought at Seasonal Concepts and it comes with a gas fire pit.  We weren't looking for that but when Rocketman and I saw this set, we knew this was the one.  I've never had comfortable chairs before and these chairs are not only comfortable but they rock and Rocketman loves to rock.  I see a lot of days spent on this deck.

Big news here!  We have a visitor coming from Korea.  Hellena is coming for a week from April 29th through May 6th.  We are soooo excited.  I can't wait to see her.

2 comments:

  1. I had absolutely no idea what you were going to do, so each picture was a revelation. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha! I've figured it out, it's papercutting isn't it? I also am terrible for buying craft supplies and never using them! I'm going to subscribe to your blog as I'm fascinated by your Korean crafts!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...