Wednesday, April 4, 2012

What I've Been Up To

Babysitting!  It started out last Wednesday when I picked up our grandson, Noah.  He was going to stay with us until Friday when I would drop him off and pick up his little brother, Ezra.

We live about 45 minutes from the Mall of America and I hadn't been there for almost ten years so I thought it was a perfect opportunity to see what had changed since the last time I was there.  I knew we would spend almost all of our time in Camp Snoopy, I mean Nickelodeon Universe.
Our first ride was a roller coaster which swung you around as you went.  One of the lenses of Noah's glasses popped out and luckily landed on his seat.  So we took a quick trip to Pearle Vision Center to get his glasses fixed.
LegoWorld is right next to Nickelodeon Universe and when Noah saw that on our walk back we just had to stop.
                         He was in heaven and Grandma did some damage to her credit card there.
 
We also stopped by Build A Bear and Noah made a bear for himself and his little brother.
                                           Then it was back to the rides and did we ride!


    
I really wanted to eat at Bubba Gump's.  I LOVE shrimp but Noah was not having it so we ate at a food court.  I got him a slice of pizza with milk and I got a sandwich.  I had just sat down to eat when Noah announced he had to go potty and right now.  I tried to get him to eat as I was slamming my sandwich to no avail.  So I piled everything back onto the tray and walked to the nearest bathroom tray and all.  I stood there hold the tray while Noah used the bathroom.  He wanted to go into the men's but I never allow that.

I got some pretty strange looks as I stood there waiting for Noah.  What was I to do?  Noah came out and washed his hands and off we went to find a seat again and this time finish out lunch.

We had a blast.  On Friday I drove him to his house and picked up Ezra for the week.  He has fluid in his ears and couldn't go to Florida with his parents.  I am actually doing this while he is napping.  We take him home tomorrow.  I'll blog about that next after a good long rest.  I had forgotten how exhausting little kids are and my house looks like a tornado has come through but we've sure had a lot of fun.

2 comments:

  1. A memory of Noah's age will last for his lifetime.
    Noah will remember his loving and warm grandmother in his heart until he becomes a man of his grand mother's age.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...