Wednesday, May 16, 2012

I Miss Korean Food

 I shot these photos shortly before we left South Korea.  It is from the food court at Home Plus and it just gives you an idea of all the food choices. 
These samples are made of plastic and are common in restaurant windows throughout Korea.  I've always thought it would be a great job to make these plastic foods.  There are always new restaurants popping up.
Around the lunch and dinner hour, you would find these cases packed with Koreans deciding on what they wanted to eat.  Many times it would be Rocketman and me trying to decide what we wanted.


Rocketman would order by number in Korean.  Most of the time he we get it right but the cashier seemed to prefer he write the numbers down on a piece of paper.  We would take our slips with our numbers on them, find a seat and wait for our numbers to appear.
The menu changes from time to time but you could always find the basics like kimchi jjigae and mandu guk.  You sure could not beat the prices.  You got a lot of food for a great price.

I also started a blog for my family recipes.  I've been having fun putting it together.  I hope you like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...