Saturday, July 14, 2012

A Work in Progress - The Kitchen

We have finally started our kitchen update.  I spent the week Rocketman was in Asia peeling and steaming the wallpaper off the walls.  Rocketman just needs to wash the walls (twice), fill holes and finally paint the walls. We have a great contractor that we used a decade ago to sheetrock our basement and he is putting in the new countertops and tile backsplash.
                          This is the countertop we chose.  It's quartz and is made by Silastone.
Then we went to the tile shop and had a gal help us match the backsplash to the countertop.  Unknowingly, we picked a few popular tile and it is backordered until the end of the month.  She had to call and reserve the tile we would need. 
We are still debating about the wall color.  We are leaning towards a shade of brown but we are unsure what to pick at this point.  I sure wish Nate Berkus would show up at my door and solve this problem for us.

I'm hoping to also get a new stove and refrigerator but I'm not sure Rocketman is on board for that.  He doesn't seem as excited about the tile and quartz as I am.  I keep telling him that our kitchen is 22 years old and it's time for a change.  I also want to put in new floors but that's later in the year.  I'll keep you updated.

Oh, I forgot to mention that we have a new wet spot in our ceiling.  Rocketman measured and it's coming from out upstairs shower drain.  Oh joy, I get to call the plumber tomorrow.  Rocketman is also thrilled (not) because we weren't going to paint the ceiling but now we will have to because of the leak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...