Monday, August 9, 2010

Maedeup Monday!


I call this one "Pretty in Pink." I love to buy lampwork beads and at one time I loved to make them myself but other things got in the way like maedeup so now I buy them on Etsy. While I was in Rockford the other weekend, I was able to sit around with my mom, watch QVC (her favorite show) and work on some maedeup.


I was working on this exact pattern only the cording was burgundy. Mom asked me how much I would charge for it (her way of telling me she wanted it) and I told her about $50.00 since there is a lot of work on it and lampwork beads are not cheap (I don't buy Chinese junk). After a little silence, I asked her if she wanted it and she was thrilled when I gave it to her.

She's never been a big fan of my crafting. Her thought has always been, "Where do you put that or what do you do with that?" But that was when I was making those cute polymer clay figurines. Now that she has seen my maedeup, she has changed her tune. She loves the stuff. She also tells me when she wears one of my necklaces she gets lots of compliments from her girlfriends so that helps too.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...