Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Woeful Wednesday


I guess the title pretty much sums up my week. The 2o year old furnace decided it was time for
a new one. I had the furnace guy out and even though we weren't in immediate danger, with such an old furnace it was on borrowed time. So I talked to Rocketman and we decided to take advantage of the Fed Rebate of $1500.00 and get a new high efficiency furnace and air conditioner. It's going to be installed next Tuesday.

Our computer has been giving me a lot of trouble and Rocketman finally decided what he wanted and ordered it last week. On Sunday, our computer decided it didn't want to power up. I tried all day to no avail. The new one showed up on Monday, the same day the furnace decided not to work properly.

The day was stressful and I was about to call the Geek Squad when I decided to say another prayer and turn on the computer. It powered up!!! I couldn't believe it. So I am not turning it off until the new one is up and running. Poor Rocketman has to take all the information on the old one and put it onto the new one.

To relieve my stress I've been knitting. I made the pumpkin hat above for the little grandbaby that is coming in June. It really does help to keep my fingers busy. I had my weekly knitting class today and everything I had done was ripped out. You would think that after making one sock the mate would be a piece of cake. Well it's not!


I also took a class at my local quilt shop and made this snazzy purse. The pattern is for three different sizes and I love how it turned out. I added a JHB button to top it off. It was a fun class and since there were only two of us, it went pretty fast. If I had time I would make a couple for gifts this year but I think I will have to put that on my list for next year.

1 comment:

  1. That is one cute pumpkin hat!

    I hope next week is better.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...