Wednesday, December 1, 2010

One Down, One To Go


I finished my sock. It included two emergency trips to the yarn shop for help but I was able to finish it up the last day of class. My teacher has an ongoing Wednesday morning class where you bring what you are working on or questions and she's there to help. Today was my first day and I was surprised and happy to see a gal from my sock class. She is still working on her first sock.

You would think that since I had completed one sock that the second one would be a breeze. Wrong! I feel like I didn't learn a thing. Eileen, my teacher, is so patient with me and also very encouraging.

I bought another set of needles to begin to work on a second pair of socks. I thought it would be a great idea to make two sets at the same time. I have a feeling I will be taking this Wednesday class a very long time. It's a great way for me to get out and meet new people. The class is two hours long and the time flies with the knitting and talking that goes on. I have an enameling class tonight and am very excited.

2 comments:

  1. It's gorgeous! Does it fit?

    I'm thinking of getting into socks again.... I wore out a knitted pair today and my feet were nice and toasty, even in regular shoes. It's worth having some nice wool socks around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does and I'm making it's twin right now plus I bought a second set of needles so I'm working on a second sock at the same time.

    You've inspired me so much!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...