Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Ikebana Classes

My ikebana teacher is back teaching and I am back from Korea so I couldn't wait to start again. Of course, I had forgotten everything but it came back to me quickly thanks to her handout. She is teaching at the White Bear Center for the Arts. She is also teaching a second class next Tuesday and I'm taking that one also. She also teaches in her home now again.

I had brought these two ikebana pieces I had bought on Etsy because I didn't know what to do with them. She said she would help me after the class. So I used a very large clay bowl for class.
First is the branches. For this upright ikebana, you use four branches measured according to the length, width and height of your container.
                     This is what my kenzan looked like with the four branches in their correct places.
                   Next came three sets of flowers and voila, finished. I loved how it turned out.
                                 Here are the finished arrangements of my fellow students.




We all really enjoyed class. Since most did not bring a container nor a kenzan, they had to remove the branches and flowers which they could take home and put into a vase.
                  Back to those two pieces I brought, this is what my teacher did with the first one.
This is the second piece which she called "free-form" style. I had also brought a large container to take both arrangements home and they are now in my house. We all had a great time and I can't wait for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...