Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Korean Heritage House Lunchee!

Last Saturday, Rocketman and I headed out for a fundraising lunch at the Korean Heritage House. One of my most favorite places in the world. We ate in the main room where you can take classes on different Korean drums.
If you remember, when we lived in Korea, we got a special lesson using the janggu. It is not easy to play.

 Then it was time to eat. We could smell the barbecue as we walked from the car and we were hoping it was Korean barbecue - and it was. It was sooooo good and the kimchi was some of the best we have ever had and that includes kimchi in Korea.
This was my plate but you know I went back a second time and filled up my plate with more kimchi.  We left with big smiles on our faces, and tummies full of delicious food. I found out that the kimchi was homemade from a fellow member of the Korean Heritage House. I think I need to find her and become her best friend :)

4 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks good. Now I'm hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is one of the main things I really miss right now, since we have moved to Leeds, UK, easy access to Korean food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm often amazed at how enthusiastic you are about a culture like the Korean one even when you've had not so good experiences with it. I mean I know we're just talking about food here, but it must be said that you're a very inspiring human being and I cannot say that about many people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your positive attitude about your experiences and your immersion into the Korean culture is quite inspiring. Living in AZ, we have no Korean culture house and I'm quite jealous that you have your heritage house.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...