Saturday, October 5, 2013

It's What's For Dinner

 
This weekend is the big Half Price Book Clearance Event at the fairgrounds. Our daughter let us know it was going on and we met her at the grand stand where it is held. There are rows and rows and rows of books along with DVD's. Laura has our book obsession gene which she inherited from us so we were so excited.

Rocketman and I got there about 15 minutes before opening and waited in line. Laura showed up just as it was opening. This wasn't our first time so we knew what to expect. The happy surprise was they had shopping carts this year and I grabbed one thinking there was a chance (a good chance) we (mostly me) would be filling it up.

We had a blast and indeed filled the cart up with books. It was heaven, pure heaven. I also brought my Home Plus cloth bags from Korea that can hold a lot but I forgot that we would have to get everything to the car. Luckily, Rocketman decided to get the car while we were checking out so he was right outside with the car when we left the building. We drove Laura and Ez to their car and dropped off her books and off we were.

We were just a mile or two from Kim's Oriental (Korean) Market and I was running low on kimchi so it took little convincing to get Rocketman to drive there. It is hard seeing all the Korean food and made us both homesick for Korea.  This time they even had some kimbap so we bought that and also some ramyeon and that's what we had for dinner tonight. Delicious and so easy to make.
The really funny thing was the owner, a Korean ajumma, questioned the bag of Maxim. She was surprised that we bought that. I told her that it reminded us of Korea which it does.

This week I also picked up my Su-Mi picture that I had bought from my teacher. She ran a fundraiser to raise money to fund the pieces and framing she needed to do for an exhibition she is going to be in. I think it's a fantastic way to make money and I had always wanted a piece of her work. We just love the piece.
Here's a closer look. She moved to Iowa now so I can't take lessons from her but if I'm ever in her area of Iowa, I will certainly see if I could get some lessons. Meanwhile, I get to look at this everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...