Saturday, November 16, 2013

Bojagi Wrapping Cloths DVD by Young-Min Lee



I was so excited to receive a copy of Young-Min's bojagi DVD to review.  There is so little information in English out there on bojagi. So unless you could travel to Korea and spend months or even years there learning this amazing craft you were out of luck until now. Young-Min has brought bojagi to you.

The DVD is broken down into 6 sections:
1. Introduction and History of Bojagi
2. Supplies
3. Basic Stitches
4. Seam Techniques
5. Projects - Young-Min's demonstrates how to create three bojagi projects
6. Conclusion

The DVD is 2 hours long and covers everything you need to get started. I really loved learning more about the history of bojagi and I loved seeing all the samples of bojagi Young-Min presented. The camera work is also phenomenal and from my experience working on The Carol Duvall Show, I know how difficult it can be to get those close-up shots. Young-Min is very thorough and covers every step needed to insure success.

Even if you weren't necessarily interested in doing bojagi, it is a fascinating look at a piece of Korean culture. The DVD is now available on Amazon.  You won't be disappointed.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Becky. I hope you can help me. I have the chance that I may present a class on Korean hanboks next August at Dragon*Con in Atlanta. I thought that it would be nice to have some pieces of chasu to display since it is almost always on modern hanboks. I have searched and searched online for chasu kits, but I haven't had any luck at all. I can find Korean fabric and I can find silk thread, but no Korean patterns. Are you still in contact with your chasu teacher or might you know someone that could help me? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, that was me asking about the chasu, I was signed into the wrong account >.<

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is really helps for everyone, who search wholesale cloths etc.Thanks a lot.

    Buy wholesale SnapBack hats & wholesale men’s clothing

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...