Tuesday, May 20, 2014

This and That

My sumi-e teacher was participating in an art show called Art-A-Whirl which took place last weekend. Her studio is in an old former factory in Northeast Minneapolis. It took a bit of twists and turns to get there but it was well worth it. The building houses six floors of artists and I was in heaven. Rocketman asked which of her paintings I liked the best and then bought it for me for our anniversary. This is what I came home with.
Sometimes my Canon Point and Shoot can be the bane of my existence. It doesn't play well at times with Blogger. I could not turn these pictures so forgive me I did try. Just crink your head to the left and you'll be just fine. I heard about this new book "100 Thimbles in a Box" and just had to order it through Amazon. It is simply a splendid book on Korean crafts.  It's just the book I have always wanted to write.



Beautiful pictures and lots of detail. It is a fantastic book and if you are interested in Korean crafts, I highly recommend it.
Louie is a little out of sorts. He had surgery to the tune of $500 to remove broken and inflamed teeth. They ended up removing 4 teeth. I dropped him off at 8 am and picked him up at 4 pm. He is a little miffed at me right now.

I am getting ready for our Korean friends to arrive. They fly in Friday night and will be here a week. I cannot wait!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...