Saturday, October 18, 2014

Sumi-e Class

Today I had another sumi-e class with Susan Frame at the White Bear Center for the Arts. I wasn't sure I would even be able to attend. I had been so very ill the past two weeks with the worse case of crud I have ever had. I became ill on October 6th following a routine doctor's appointment and flu shot. I sat in the waiting room around 45 minutes with a roomful of sick people waiting to be seen.

I came home after my appointment and almost immediately starting feeling ill. It started like a case of the flu with a fever of 100 degrees and I spent the next week in bed. I had no energy and Rocketman had to take care of himself. I barely ate and when I tried to force the fluids, they would quickly evacuate. I was too sick to wait in the doctor's office again and decided it I was still that ill, I would definitely go in and get checked out.

As it happens, I started to feel better last Sunday afternoon and have steadily been feeling better. Now I'm just left with a nasty cough and fatigue. But I felt well enough to go to my class today and I'm so glad I did. It was all about pumpkins, Fall leaves and birds. Susan did a lot of demonstrations and I could watch her do her magic all day.  These are my attempts at pumpkins.



I haven't made time to practice between my classes and that's something I want to do. I love sumi-e and it takes time and practice to learn how to control the water in the brush.
Leaves, they are also tough to paint. I can home exhausted from a day out but so happy for all that I learned. I'm planning to continue to take it easy until I'm finely rid of this nasty bug. Luckily, Rocketman has caught it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...