Tuesday, June 21, 2011

How Do You Battle Jetlag?

 Our first day back in South Korea had Rocketman chomping at the bit to get out and take pictures.  Never mind that we had been up for 24 straight hours (we both can't sleep on airplanes).  Never mind that we were up at the crack of dawn (our bodies still on U.S. time).  Never mind that I was so tired I couldn't see straight.  Rocketman was on a mission.  I did talk him out of going into Seoul.  I wasn't up for that long of an outing. 

I suggested Paldulmum and the Jidong Market which was behind or to the east of Paldulmum Market.  I had discovered the Jidong Market while exploring the area near the maedeup shop where I had taken lessons.  It was a wonderful market full of fresh fish, side dishes and produce.  Rocketman swore we had been there before but when we entered the market, he realized he had never been there before.
 We both whipped out our cameras.  I was quicker since I don't need to choose a lens and settings.  I just point and shoot.






                                                                 Side dishes anyone?


Rocketman found some dinner for us, pajeon.  We'll take one of each.
We also picked up these rice cakes.  Only 2000 WON ($1.80 US). 

We didn't stay very long since we (especially me) was still fighting jetlag.  I haven't seen Rocketman's photos yet but I'll put some up here on the blog when he gets them downloaded. 

1 comment:

  1. Ah, great market! I want some of that pajeon.

    I've been to Paldalmun, briefly. (That's an "n" at the end. Like Namdaemun and Dongdaemun. Mun means door or gate. Not sure what Paldal means. Eight something?)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...