Wednesday, June 22, 2011

More Shopping!

 On Sunday, Rocketman was itching to get to Seoul and I felt better than I had the day before.  Our first stop was Itaewon.  Rocketman likes the store called Hamilton where you can order custom suits and dress shirts for a reasonable price especially for someone as tall as Rocketman.

I had an interesting encounter with a little boy who was about 3 or 4.  He came in with his parents.  His mother was Korean and his father was American (at least I think he was).  The father spoke perfect Korean and was looking for some dress shirts.

All of the sudden, something grabbed my leg and said "eomma."  I looked down to find the little boy looking up at me with his arms around one of my legs.  His father saw the whole thing and so did Rocketman.  We all had a good laugh about it and the little boy quickly ran to his mother.
 While waiting for Rocketman to get measured, I found some maedeup.  They were three garakji maedeups.  I'm not sure what they are used for, maybe cufflinks?
 Rocketman wasn't ready to go home quite yet so we went back to visit the Hope Market in Hongdae.  I still don't have a great way to tell you how to get there but I'll try.  Take subway line 2 (Green Line) to Hongik University Station, Exit 9.  You will see a KFC to the left.  Take that road to the end which is a T intersection.  Take a right and walk a block or two until you find a main road.  Take a left and walk 3-4 blocks.  You will go up a hill and at the top of the hill you will see the university above.
 Take a right and cross the street.  This is what that corner looks like.  Walk about a block ot the first street on your right.
 You will see this street and see the woods to the left, that's the park where the Hope Market is.
                                                   This time we noticed this building. 
 A lady was selling the most adorable hats for kid and adults.  She was doing a brisk business.  I bought this one for Ezra.
                                                   I also picked up a pair of earrings.
 There was also a guy selling these handpainted bottle caps.  They were only 2000 WON ($1.80USD) each.
He was also selling these robot cellphone charms.  The head and body are made with keys (letters) from a computer.  That's my kinda of going green. 

The Hope Market is every Sunday from 1-7pm.  There were only a couple of vendors that we had seen the first time so it's good to go often.  The vendors change all the time. 

1 comment:

  1. I just love reading your blog and your pictures are always wonderful! You are so blessed to get to experience this culture. I noticed how clean that clothing shop is. What does Eomma mean? I'm also thinking the maedeup could be buttons? The colors are gorgeous!

    Thanks for the tour of the hope market :)

    hugs, xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...