Monday, November 10, 2014

Maedeup Monday!

I did manage to drop by my maedeup shop when we were in South Korea. The store seems to shrink before my very eyes each time I visit. When I first went in 2008, there was plenty of room to roam around and they even had a small kitchen table and chairs for people to sit and learn the knots. But as the years have gone by, the table and chairs left and more bookcases full of supplies came in. Now, it's hard to move around, the aisles are narrow and they are filled to the brim. It's a good thing!
 
I only wanted to pick up a few colors I needed but when I saw some beautiful colors in a thicker diameter I had to pick up a few colors. I wasn't there very long and I was surprised that when we returned home Rocketman hadn't taken any photos of the shop. But there always is next time. 
The main owner wasn't there but his lovely wife was and when I saw these ceramic pendants I picked up a few. They are so beautiful.
One of our favorite bookstores in Korea is Seoul Selection and we both are like a kid in a candy store. It's very small in the basement of a building but if you love all things Korean and in English, it is a must visit. These are the books I bought.

I am so glad I picked this book up. It is a large book and weighs a lot but it was well worth it. I highly recommend it. It is stories of many different kinds of Korean women from all walks of life. I found it fascinating and I love that it includes so many photos of these amazing women.
I've included a few excerpts from the book.

I'm not sure at this point outside of Seoul Selection where you can get this book but you won't be disappointed.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...