Thursday, November 27, 2014

Throwback Thursday - Thanksgiving Edition

This was the aftermath of my first Thanksgiving in South Korea back in 2007. Rocketman was out of town because we were under Korean Holidays which of course does not celebrate the U.S. Thanksgiving. I was feeling a little bummed when Hellena and Hannah called and said they were coming down and we would go out to eat for Thanksgiving.

This was the aftermath of our dinner. At the time, it was the most dishes I had ever seen on a table. I wasn't in the habit yet of taking a photo before we began to eat but I tell you it was the most vibrantly beautiful Thanksgiving table I had ever seen. We ate until we were stuffed and we went back to our apartment where we watched Korean dramas and had a sleepover. I went to bed around 11pm and found out the next morning that the girls had ordered a midnight fried chicken delivery. I still don't know how those girls stay so skinny.

It was a special Thanksgiving for me spent with special people. Even though I missed my family back home terribly, these girls became family to us and still are.

Happy Thanksgiving to each and every one of you wherever you are this special day. Thanksgiving is about spending time with family and friends along with delicious food whether it's turkey or kimchi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...