Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Chilbo (Korean Enameling) Class

 This week's chilbo class came with a huge surprise.  A few weeks ago Nan chilbo pieces all over her studio from students that had been in a exhibition.  They were so inspiring and I really loved one of them.  The artist behind this chilbo piece came into class and presented me with the piece saying in perfect English "present."  I was so touched and it brought tears to my eyes.  I just couldn't believe her generosity.
.
 The piece is just beautiful and has a lot of meaning.  It is called "The Four Gracious Plants."
 She even printed out an English description and gave that to me also. 
 I finished up the four pieces I had started last week.  I had to outline and paint the faces.
I also helped Nan make these two pieces. I was practicing my Korean characters. I stopped by hanji on the way, thinking I wouldn't have class on Thursday because it is a Korean holiday.  I was shocked when my teacher said that I did indeed have class.  Rocketman is off now until Wednesday because there is another holiday next Tuesday, Buddha's Birthday, so he just took Friday and Monday off for vacation.  He will be off almost a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...