Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Korean Chasu (Embroidery) and Bojagi Class

 I have been working like crazy on my latest bojagi piece.  It will be a tablerunner when I am done.  I found out that tablerunners are a little different in Korea.  They extend over the end of the table by about a foot.  I love Korea but I don't like that so I am making mine long enough to cover my tabletop back in the States.  This is a sneak peak of my runner.
 This is what I have left to do.  All handstitched. I am finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  When I finish this part, I just have to add the cream colored border which will also be handstitched.
Here is the chasu I am working on.  I am working every spare minute I have on these projects.  KJ, my teacher and I have a lot of great conversations as we are busy stitching.  This week she shared with me that she suffered from migraines for 15 years.  Every month for a couple of weeks.  It really affected her life.  A couple of years ago she heard that Korean acupuncture could cure it.  She went regularly for two months and miraculously the migraines are gone.

I'm so excited to hear this because my daughter also suffers terribly from migraines.  I am definitely going to get her into an Eastern medicine doctor as soon as she recovers from having our grandson.  Her's like KJ's are hormone related so she doesn't have them when she is pregnant.  This is wonderful news

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...