Monday, May 2, 2011

Maedeup Monday!

 Last Friday, I also visited my favorite maedeup shop to stock up on a few colors of cording.  The owners are always so happy to see me and I'm like a kid in a candy store in their shop. Everything you ever would need or want for maedeup is there along with maedeup pieces hanging throughout the store. 

The owner gathered my cording and told Hannah that she would ship them to my apartment, FREE!  Shipping around Seoul is incredibly cheap, under five dollars and I was happy that I wouldn't have to carry it back to Suwon.
I had also picked up a few beads and other things.  She wouldn't charge me for them and said they were a gift.
Hannah had told the owners all about my trouble with my Suwon maedeup teacher.  They had a teacher they highly recommended and she was pretty close to the shop so Hannah gave her a call and we set off the meet her at her studio.  It turned out to me a longer walk then we thought but she came to get us and show us the way.

We entered the office building only to find out the elevator was broken and her studio was on the 13th floor.  I wasn't up to walking up 13 flights of stairs so Hannah told her that she would be in touch.  We found a restaurant and had a great lunch.  I would like to take classes again but I think I will wait until we come back from our trip to the U.S. in June.  Right now, I have classes five days a week. The foam classes will stop at the end of the month. I will need to go to Seoul for classes so I think I will set it up for twice a month.  She also has lots of students that videotape the knot constructions and couldn't understand what my Suwon teacher's adversion to it was.  So it looks like I'll be back to classes in July!

I had a HUGE accident happen today when my teacher left.  We work on my kitchen table and she had taken out her pojagi tablerunner as we began construction on mine.  That morning before she came, I had started a pot of rice and curry using only electric burner which is positioned close to the kitchen table.  I had every cooking except the potatoes.

After she left, I peeled the potatoes and was adding them a few at a time to keep from having the curry pot splatter.  Well, one potatoe flew into the pot and huge drops of curry went flying everywhere including my teacher's tablerunner.  There are four drops on the white part of the pojagi. I tried baking soda and water to try and remove the stain to no avail.  I'm going to get some bleach tomorrow to see if that will work. I'm just sick about it.  My countertop is also stained and I'll have to figure something out there too.  What a mess!  Why am I such a disaster in the kitchen????

1 comment:

  1. I hope you can get the stains out, you must be beside yourself over it. BTW all your crafts look fabulous!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...