Friday, May 13, 2011

Hanji (Korean Papercrafting)

 I was able to bring home a couple of projects I have been working on.  This is a caddy to put things in like shampoo and conditioner.  The hanji paper was cut out by hand and then different colored hanji paper was added.
 It is so beautiful.
 I also finished this old fashioned Korean bank.
Rocketman really like this one.

As I exited hanji and started walking the side street towards the bus, I saw an ajosshi leaning than stumbling a few steps to keep from falling and then leaning the opposite way and doing the same.  I knew he was drunk by watching him but I wondered how I would get by him because he was taking up most of the street.

As I got ready to pass him, I tried to anticipate which direction he would sway and I was wrong.  He stopped right in front of me, looked at me and straightened to his full 5 foot height and just stood there staring at me.  I walked around him to the bus and I hope I sobered him up.  He was wearing a suit although it was pretty wrinkled.  Rocketman thought I should have shot some video of him but I was thinking how sad it all was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...