Monday, July 18, 2011

Hanji (Korean Papercrafting)

This is the box I finished up this week in hanji.  My homework last week was to make nine garakji maedeups for this box.  My teacher was so pleased with how well I made them that she asked for a lesson.  So next week I'll be teaching my hanji class how to make garakji maedeup.

Hannah, the teacher's daughter still spends her afternoon with me.  I have invited all the hanji students to my house for lunch on Friday.  They are very curious about our apartment and our Western way of life.  Hannah said they want to see the two bathrooms.  They also are curious about American food so I'm going all out.  I'm going to make homemade spaghetti with garlic bread and a salad.  I'm also going to make a dessert but I'm not sure what at this point.  Rocketman is also taking the day off so he'll be there too.  Many are also curious about him since only my teacher has met him.  I am expecting 10 like I was told but I also know in Korea to expect the unexpected.

1 comment:

  1. Very lovely integration of the maedeups!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...