Tuesday, October 11, 2011

2011 Suwon Food Culture Festival


I had hanji on Friday which was the first day of the festival but Hannah, my hanji teacher's daughter got out of school early so we decided to check out the festival.  Since she was hungry we went to the food section first.
We found a tent with lots of food plated to look gorgeous.  I'm not just of fan of nonedible crafts, I also love and appreciate the work and talent that goes into food prep.  It is indeed a talent.  Unfortunity, it is one that I do not have.





The food looked good enough to eat but I think it was all artificial.  Making artificial food is pretty popular here and you will see it a lot in the window of restaurants.

They also had an assortment of amazing watermelon sculptures.  I had never seen anything like this in my life.  I'm just sad that the watermelon would eventually go bad:








I also was able to watch noodles being made.  It never ceases to entertain and amaze me.  I was able to videotape the whole process:


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...