Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hanji (Korean Papercrafting) Class

 I was greeted this week in hanji class with my classmate putting the finishing touches (hardware) on the dresser she's been working on.  It turned out beautiful.
                                                   This is a look from the top of the dresser.
 She didn't really want me to take her picture with it but she was a good sport about it.  She should be so proud of what she has accomplished.  I would love to make one myself but I don't have time to complete it before we leave.  There is also hanji cutouts on each side so you imagine the incredible amount of work this was.
 I'm still plugging away on my little box.  I finished covering it entirely in the white hanji paper and am starting the black.  It takes a lot of work.  I'm going to hanji on Thursdays too now that I don't have any miniature classes on that day.
 Etude House (my favorite obsession) had these darling hand cream containers for sale and I couldn't resist.  Can a girl have too much hand cream?
                                                 I also love the freebies!

5 comments:

  1. Becky, your posts are killing me these days! The hanji work, the etude house stuff....!! Guess I better start saving for our first vacation back to Korea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helena, this girl was also the one finishing her red medicine cabinet as I started mine. She is incredible.

    Sarah, Have Sejin do some shopping for you. Etude House is everywhere. I'm going to miss the shopping so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Becky,
    I happened to find your blog browsing on the internet. Looks like you had a great time living in Korea. I'm living now in Seoul with my family and I also enjoy crafty creations like you.
    Do you mind sharing the information on where did you take hanji and yoga classes? I'm interested in both.
    Thank you in advance.
    Marcela

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are located in suwon. You can take the 7770 bus from sadang station. Yoga is right across the street from the north home plus and hanji is at paldalmun

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...