Monday, December 5, 2011

Parade of Korean Christmas Cards!

I just love Korean holiday cards.  They are very reasonable priced and beautiful to look at.
I picked up quite a few.
Even a couple of pop up cards
                                                                     Outside
                                                                        Inside
                                                               Outside
 
                                                                   Inside
                                                                   Outside
Inside
                                             I love the Asia brush stroke cards.

 Then we come to a few that made me go hmmmm.  I hadn't seen this before but I had to get them too.
                                                 Holiday cards are usually cheery.
                                           Holiday cards don't show butt cracks.

This one had me confused the most.  In olden days in Korea, if a child wet the bed they were made to wear this type of basket on their head and parade through the village.  I have no idea why this would be a good subject for a holiday card.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe it's a "may your year be better than this guy's" kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The card with the 4 sticks in the air is yut (윷) and is a traditional game. Wikipeidia has the rules, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yut I've played it a couple of times and it is fun.

    The second one, hehe, well 2PM has also played this game. It is called the horse riding game and is also shown on X-Man, but you can see it here http://ithetimes.wordpress.com/2010/11/17/eng-sub-081211-2pm-idol-army-show-season-3-ep-2/ it shows up in part 4.

    The last card I think it about being clean for the new year. Everything is supposed to be clean and people wear new clothes, but don't do any work. I'm not 100% sure. The inside might give more insight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helena, maybe so, but it was so strange to me.

    Sandra, in all the years I've have been here during the holidays I had never seen anything like these type of cards until now. It's funny though because the Koreans seem to buy all the Western looking cards with the Santa Claus and Snowmen.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...