Sunday, December 4, 2011

Chilbo (Korean Enameling) Class

 Chilbo this week was all about blending. I found it incredible difficult and frustrating. But hey, sometimes that is just what I need, to be pulled out of my comfort zone. The one on the left is mine and the one on the right is Nan's. I loved hers, mine not so much. This is what they looked like before firing.



 This is what they looked like after firing.  I know it will take practice to get good at this new technique.  She wants me to try doing a portrait but I don't even want to think about trying that at this point.
                                                     This is what another student had done.
Nan's building front was getting a facelift when I was there on Friday.  I can't wait to see what it looks like when they are done.

Rocketman was in Japan all of last week returning on Saturday afternoon.  He found out while in Japan that he needed to go to Taiwan so he left for Taiwan this morning.  He was home just long enough for me to wash, dry(hang drying for the most part), and iron his clothes.  I'm hoping the craziness ends soon for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...