Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hanji (Korean Papercrafting) Class

Last week I was able to complete covering my hanji project.  This is what it looked like after being completely covered in white hanji paper.
This is the hanji paper that I will be using.  My teacher picked it out and I was surprised to see that it's the University of Minnesota colors, maroon and gold.  How appropriate since that is where we live back in the States, Minnesota.
This was the hanji paper for the inside of the drawers.
My teacher also showed me this antique pot that she had just acquired.  She said that it was an old time water jug and that women would carry it on their head.
She also had an antique water ladle that she said was a gourd cut in half.  She sent me home with the other half as a gift.
This is an old time rice box that a fellow hanji girl is working on.  It looks like a painting but is completely made with hanji paper.
                                                     This is the side of the box.
                      
                               This is a picture of the two drawers covered in hanji paper.
                          Here is the front completely covered with hanji paper.
     
                                                This is a photo of the back and the side.
                             I was sent home with this homework to cut out for class on Monday.
This is what my homework looked like when I finished cutting it all out.  It's going to mimick metal hardware on my hanji piece.  I have no idea where it all goes but I'm confident my teacher knows.

1 comment:

  1. Oh how fun, Becky! It looks like you have a nice, large space to work in. Also looks like a lot of work but worth it. Can't wait to see it finished.

    Thanks for stopping by. Wishing you and Rocketman a happy and safe new year.
    Love, laughter and peace!
    -Molly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...