Monday, December 12, 2011

Maedeup Monday!!

My maedeup shop also sells finished jewelry made by students.  I saw this and it was only 20,000 WON ($18 USD) and I just had to have it.  I still need to go back there and restock my supplies.

This is what I had for lunch today before I did a little shopping at Home Plus.  Kimbap Heaven is right next door and they make all the Korean comfort food from jjigaes to kimbap.  I mainly videotaped this for myself to remember just how hot (temperature) kimchi jjigae is when it is served.  It honestly takes 15-20 minutes for it to cool and I have burned my mouth many times.  But it is so worth it and it really tastes a little like heaven.  It was a perfect meal for a cold day in Korea:

2 comments:

  1. When I was living in LA I lived a few blocks from BCD Tofu House (it is a Korean chain resturant, one in Seoul and one in Incheon, but 13 in the US). Their specialty is soondubu jjigae and I loved it soooooo much. I don't miss anything else about LA, but I do miss having BCD, I was working the grave yard shift and BCD is 24 hours. Now I'm hungry just thinking about it. Of course since I moved away I had to learn how to make it myself, but it just isn't the same. Good think my mom is coming to visit soon. I'll make her cook ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm... I can almost smell it through the computer!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...