Saturday, December 24, 2011

Hanji (Korean Papercrafting) Class

The last two weeks of hanji I have been making these two small boxes.  I order a bunch of extra to bring home and to continue my hanji back in the States.  My teacher also made me templates so I don't have to measure everytime which is what everyone does in class.  I'm lucky because my teacher has always cut everything out for me.
 This is the second type of box I made and will make at home.  I plan on putting some of my hanji projects in my Etsy shop which has been on vacation all year while we've been in South Korea.  This box is so cool with all the angles.
 She also has been gathering supplies for me.  She made me up a batch of hanji glue to take back.  It fit in that tall plastic container you see.  Don't tell Rocketman but that hanji glue will be in my suitcase.
                           She also gave me these supplies so I would have everything I need.
My teacher surprised me.  She knew I had wanted to do one last big project but I didn't have the two to three months to complete it.  I figured that I would just continue with the small weekly projects.  She brought out this package you see up above.  I wasn't quite sure what it was but isn't that part of the fun anyway.

                                          It started with my gluing these pieces together.
                                                         Binding them together with clips.

                                             Then gluing the two drawers together.
                                                   So they looked like this.
 I left class with it all put together.  There is one more piece that will be hinged where you see the open space.  Isn't it cool?
Here's the backside.  It's about the size of a small nightstand.  She said this was the last thing I will be working on.  WooHoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...